ProgCop is an application firewall for Windows systems. ProgCop makes it easy to block applications from going online. ProgCop features real time view of processes that are connecting to the Internet. Blocking them can be done with a single mouse click. ProgCop is great addition for your privacy toolbox as it allows you to block apps from phoning home.
In todays online world it's more important than ever before to take care of your privacy. Many applications are making outbound connections from your computer without you knowing anything about it. They collect telemetry information and send it back to the creator of the application. With ProgCop you can decide what processes can connect to the Internet from your computer.
How ProgCop works?
ProgCop uses Windows Firewall API to block outbound connections for applications. Because ProgCop uses builtin Windows APIs no kernel level drivers are needed which keeps your system stable. ProgCop is meant to be used together with the built-in Windows Firewall to block outbound connections.
Note that ProgCop needs admin priviledges to run (because it's using Windows Firewall API). When starting ProgCop it will ask for the permissions.
|Lightweight, does not run in the background|
|Stop apps from phoning phone|
|Exposes apps and executables making connections|
|Block or unblock with a single click|
|Block all connected processes at once|
|Safe, does not make your system unstable|
|No install needed|
|One-time payment, no subscription, no additional fees.|
|Very easy to use|
Frequently asked questions
- Can I buy ProgCop through Windows App Store?
- Unfortunaly no. Firewall type software cannot be sold through the app store, because the software needs more permissions than typical Windows desktop software usually does. App store does not accept applications like that.
- I have a license key, how do I active it?
- Open ProgCop and select About->Install License...
- How does ProgCop work?
- ProgCop uses operating system firewall APIs to create outbound rules for applications.
- Does ProgCop slow down my machine?
- No. ProgCop does not have background processes to eat resources. It's very lightweight.
- I have multiple computers, do I need to buy separate license for every computer I use?
- No. ProgCop license is not tied to hardware, but user. You may use it in as many machines as you want to.
Buying ProgCop is easy and secure. ProgCop only costs $3 USD and it's a one-time payment. No subscription.
License code will be emailed instantly after the purchase.
Free evaluation is available. If after evaluating ProgCop you find that you like it and wish to continue using it, you will need to purchase a license.
ProgCop is available as a single binary file. There's no need to install anything, just unzip ProgCop.zip to a folder and run ProgCop.exe from there. Latest version of ProgCop is 1.2.0 and it was released 2020-01-06.
Support is available via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email is always read by a real human and you may expect an answer within 24 hours. We also have support community.